Monday, August 28, 2006

Film On Tongue After Coffee

Waiting time X

In anticipation time X, to be triggered on September 17, we have spent the last day to empty cupboards and bookshelves and throw away old stuff. Frankly I can not wait to move because of being in here I really can not anymore. The previous owner began moving this week and I sincerely hope that I can finish before 17 September.

Before we move, however, renovate the bathroom, which is actually a scary room with pink health (ROSA!), brown floor (MARRONE!) and black shower (yeah, yeah, I wrote BLACK!). We describe the kitchen-style "camouflage" the guy who generously left us. But I pity you and save you today.

Two words on baths in Germany. In these parts it is customary to have the toilet in a room and the rest of the bathroom in another, it is obvious the presence of a window, while it is almost taken for granted the absence of a bidet.
Now, in view of what I have just written, we decided we would, indeed, to renovate the bathroom and we went a bit 'around to be aware of prices.
The company that we contacted sent us the quote last week and nearly faint from the shock: € 11,700 was their request, in 7300 and the rest working for the materials.
goes without saying that we must now find another firm to do the work at a lower price, but in Germany it is not easy, because manual labor is paid very well and a worker of this type do not take less than 20-25 € time. Absolutely right, of course, but not for my pocket. The greatest danger

is that Sean decides to do everything myself. So far I managed to convince him that it would not be able, but I do not know what will last. But because men are more confident of being able to do everything from plumbers to electricians, passing for chefs, gardeners and so on and so forth?

0 comments:

Post a Comment