Friday, August 18, 2006

Sample Welcome Message

friends near and far

Tutte le sere, dopo cena, facciamo una chiacchierata telefonica con un nostro caro amico che l'anno scorso si è trasferito ad Aachen. Vederlo andare via è stato difficile, per Sean soprattutto, ma anche per me, because he was the first person I met here and because I love him.
worked as speakers in a popular local radio but, after several misunderstandings and disagreements with the boss, decided to find a job elsewhere and left.
Unfortunately, things did not go right in the right direction. Last night, after having opened a bottle of wine - and probably after having drunk nearly all - has called us confess that we lack, that he feels lonely. He told me that life has made a bad joke, because he now has everything she dreamed of having that is a job she loves, which rewards him with success and that's a beautiful house that contains beautiful objects, a fair amount of money that would allow him a life very, very nice. But it is only

.

What are you doing with the money if you do not have anyone to spend it, asked me last night. I could not answer him. I wanted to pull his morale and reassure him, but the truth is that I understand.
The truth is that objects are nothing more than accessories. The truth is that we had fun as hell when he lived in Mannheim and at the last minute we called him to invite him to dinner at the apartment that is ugly and battered, which has reinforced concrete walls, and there you can even attach a picture, which has a kitchen as big as a closet and in both there is that smell of curry forever because of the Indian restaurant on the ground floor. And with the old sofa with the springs dancers, mismatched glasses. We did notice it, or maybe he just does not matter. The important thing was to get together, share, throw a few laughs over a bad day and cleanse the soul from evil thoughts.

You can live without friends? No, I do not think so. I've been single for a while and I felt alone, of course, but I would never have been able to get where I am today without my friends. I would not be what they are, without them. And I do not have many, by the way, but those three or four that I carry around for ages and I love no matter what.
and new friends, those I have met here, are also valuable. I consider them una fortuna, una manna vera e propria. Vivere qui, senza di loro, non sarebbe la stessa cosa e gli voglio già un gran bene, anche se non li conosco da molto.
E preziosi siete anche voi, quelli del blog, quelli a cui certe volte mi sforzo di dare un volto ma che in realtà non mi serve perché siete già favolosi così. Mi fate ridere, mi fate anche commuovere, a volte, e mi fate tanta compagnia. È una forma diversa e insolita di amicizia, perché difficilmente ci si potrà mai incontrare tutti per una birra e tante chiacchiere, ma io vi sento lo stesso vicini e questa cosa mi piace.
Perciò grazie a tutti : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment