Friday, August 11, 2006

First Period After Giving Birth

Le Freak c'est chic

Here I am, I went back, the holiday is over. And apparently, it is also the summer. At least in Germany.
Needless to say, I was greeted again by mouse-gray sky, the rain and a pleasant temperature is around 15 degrees. Not bad!

The trip was uneventful. Meanwhile, the foiled terrorist attacks in London. Maybe not the most relaxing
news when you catch a plane. But I do not like me to affect the lives - and much less travel, and who advised me yesterday to avoid the Fiumicino airport in Frankfurt and, above all, I made a fart! Also because I did not see a effettivo pericolo.
In aeroporto si respirava un'aria vagamente inquieta, ma le persone con cui ho avuto modo di parlare (l'aereo ha avuto 2 ore di ritardo!), erano tutte molto rilassate. A quanto ci è stato detto, però, molti ieri hanno rimandato la partenza a tempi migliori annullando i propri viaggi.
Come ho scritto nei giorni precedenti, io ho avuto difficoltà a trovare un posto sul volo di ieri per Francoforte. E invece l'aereo non contava più di una cinquantina di passeggeri, segno che qualcuno ci ha ripensato. Parecchi voli, compreso il mio, hanno subito ritardi, ma alla fine anche quelli per Londra sono partiti in serata.

Ieri, poi, mi è capitato di sedermi vicina ad un personaggio tra i più bizarre ever known. Almost two-hour flight next to a talkative freak who has not left me a second to read my beloved Focus (who reads the blog for the longest time knows I can not fly without reading Focus!) And I did brief summary of his life, travel and work. Little has served him notice my headache or browse through the pages of the newspaper expressing his wish to read: he has continued undaunted to provide details of his life, including the private one, and got me on my questions. Aaaargh, what a bore!

But until landing I did not realize the extent to which the guy was out like a doormat! As the plane was heading to the parking lot, in fact, I accorgo che il teutonico fricchettone aveva iniziato a piangere. Stupita, gli chiedo il motivo delle sue lacrime e lui mi guarda con aria sconcertata e mi spiega che ogni volta che finisce un viaggio in aereo, lui si sente immensamente in colpa per aver danneggiato l'ambiente in maniera irrimediabile, perché ogni volo consuma decine e decine di litri di carburante che insozzano l'aria. Si asciuga le lacrime e, un secondo dopo, è di nuovo sorridente e allegro come se nulla fosse successo.
E a quel punto, io mi affretto verso il ritiro bagagli con aria vaga e non vedo l'ora di riabbracciare Sean che già mi aspetta fuori con l'aria annoiata!
Sono di nuovo a casa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment